Our story is pretty short: take one longtime local restaurant owner and yoga student, Eli Hengst, (Sonoma Restaurant & Wine Bar) and Maryl Baldridge, Montana native, yoga teacher, certified massage therapist, and mental health counselor.
Add a shared passion for yoga, community, family, health, all things outdoors and yes-good food and wine-and you have Georgetown Yoga.
We’re sincere about our mission-to help you harness or “yoke” your body and mind to achieve your personal goals- but we also try not to take ourselves too seriously.
We try to keep it simple. It’s not about how much you sweat, how far you can twist yourself, or if you chant ‘om’ with perfect pitch.
It’s about the yoga. And great yoga teachers.
Our approach to yoga:
- + is rooted in classical Hatha yoga styles - Iyengar, Ashtanga, Jivamukti, Vinyasa (Flow);
- + emphasizes proper alignment and understanding of the asanas as the foundation of a sustainable practice, regardless of immediate goals;
- + offers students a challenging, creative class schedule;
- + provides students meaningful instruction/feedback;
- + will offer a clear progression through the levels for all students.